Disaster Restoration Experts In Auckland
Things you could do before our flood restoration emergency team arrive:
- Try to find and stop the water intrusion source.
- Surely try to identify the extent of the water damaged area. You can do this by tracing the water’s pathways to find where the damage has spread for flood restoration.
- Plan as well as start the clean up by collecting items from the floor. Find a spare room where some of the household/office items may need. Eventually to be stored temporarily while the restoration is in progress.
- The basic idea here is to move and protect your personal belongings. At the same time, your documents from water damage.
Do’s And Don’ts
- Use your household vacuum to remove water (electrical shock may occur).
- Leave books, magazines or other coloured items on wet carpets or floors as they may stain the carpet.
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Make sure an appropriate, indeed licensed service company has been called to eliminate the water source. As well as make necessary repairs as required for flood restoration.
- Turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas. Of course, unplug and remove any small electrical devices on the wet carpet.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other coloured rugs from wet wall to wall carpeting.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Place aluminium foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to prevent watermarks, dye marks.
- Make plans for the restoration crew to move large furniture to specified dry areas, if necessary.
- Gather loose items such as toys, others from floors
Flood damage is always unexpected, and wet carpet truly deserves immediate attention. Our emergency service guarantees prompt response 24 hours a day. That’s seven days a week.
We can organize an emergency water damage restoration team to put your mind at ease.
BY GRAEME STEPHENS. PUBLISHED 17/12/2014. UPDATED 04/05/2021